Wordle: Untitled

Sunday 22 January 2012

Things are moving quickly!


A lot has happened in a very short time. We moved into our apartment on the 13th and have started to make it into our home. It’s a slow process, as funds are tight, but that doesn’t stop us from being able to make little changes and arrangements that give it the Glaize touch. We are so grateful to the families that have donated to us in so many ways be it time, prayers, and material items. Also I am proud to announce that the trip up the 3 flights of stairs is getting easier, and sometimes I find myself at the top without realizing that I have even past the first set :D

We are waiting for the BX to get a shipment of beds in so we can get a new bed and therefore sleep has been elusive most nights. Often Aaron lets me sleep on the long couch so I can have the nicer place, but that still leaves us in separate rooms in a new place with new noises and admittedly new anxieties common to nervous Nellie’s like myself. 

Cooking has been interesting as I learn how to cook on an electric range, try to figure out a German oven, and in general the oddities of a new kitchen. I think I might have mastered the trash system here, although I find myself sometimes stumped when I encounter a material that falls into multiple categories. Often I end up tearing up the package and sorting the pieces into the proper bins. For example, I went to throw away a Pringles can which has: a plastic lid, a paper can body, and a metal bottom!! I spend more time here thinking about trash than I did working at Knotts!

On the topic of jobs we have gotten much headway as Aaron has started his first day of work today and I start on Monday! After I received this job I admit I was not too excited at the prospect of working here. But my heart has come around and I look forward to learning all my job will entail. We both needed pants for our jobs and I also needed shoes, which caused me to learn just how expensive it is on base! Most people I talked to praise it for the great prices, but when it comes down to it I could find much better deals in “super expensive” California. I ended up buying my shoes on the economy (military jargon for off base) and found a much better selection at a better price.

We are starting to find our way around off base and though we still have much to learn we did get to go on a walk-about around Landstuhl and figured out Internet stuff. We will be signing up for a plan either Monday or Tuesday, but it will still be another 2 weeks before they can get it set up for us.  Our plan will include free calls back to America as long as it’s a landline! Although I know very few people who actually have one of those any more HA. Oh we also got bank accounts and a post box here! We sure would love to hear from you! Send us an email, and we will get our PO box to you!

Prayer requests:

  • The hearts of the youth would be softened and that we would be able to reach and relate to them
  • We need to take the drivers test and are about to select a car (or two!) within our means
  • That we would be able to buy a new bed soon
  • That we could be a blessing and a light in our new job endeavors
  • For our marriage; that we would be united and learn how to adapt to the ever changing circumstances and schedules.
  • That God would bring us friends we can relate and connect with.
 
We love you guys are we are encouraged every time we hear from you, knowing that we have not bee forgotten and are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment